The Dulas Arms, Llanddulas

The Dulas Arms was built around 1837 and is located on the north Wales coast just off the A55 coastal road and formerly known as the Railway Inn.  The landlord in 1895 was John Roberts who was also a builder and joiner.  It soon became a popular watering hole for the quarrymen. 

It became known as the Dulas Arms in 1944 by the then landlord Mr Philipps and for a time, post second world war, it was the only established hotel in the area.

Part of the property in 1879 collapsed into the flood water including a cradle carrying Robert Charles Williams.  Fortunately the baby was saved by one Alice Ann Roberts.

Mrs Shirley Thomas became landlady in May 1984.  Incidentally she was the first Welsh speaker to be licensee for over half a century.

In the upper room the Llanddulas Silver Prize Band regularly practiced.

Serving real ale and fine whiskeys.

Entertainment include local bands and artists.  Also has pool table.

Sadly closed early 2014


Contact details: 

Dulas Arms Hotel, Abergele Road, Llanddulas, Abergele  LL22 8HP

Locale - Wales: 
Content category: 

Privacy & Terms | House Rules
E&OE. All content on this site, unless otherwise stated, is Copyright © PubsCymru
website by euan raffel