The Bush Inn, Robeston Wathen

The Busg Inn, Robeston WathenTowards Canaston Bridge stands the Bush Inn which at one time was a small cottage inn, which dates back to the 1840s. Up to 1910 the Bush had only one external door but in that year the magisterates at Narberth, apparently with great reluctance, gave James Freeman (the licensee) permission to erect a back door.  Permission was granted with a grave warning 'it must not be used for any other purpose' which undoubtedly meant no drinking after hours!

The licensee in the 1840s was one James Thomas who was tragically killed whilst working on the railway ag Egremont.  His widow, Mary Thomas and their four children ran the pub until the 1890s

During the 1950s the pub was purchased by Idris Griffiths who became known as 'Idris the Bush'.  He was licensee until 1977

On Twitter

Contact details: 

The Bush Inn, Robeston Wathen

Locale - Wales: 

Privacy & Terms | House Rules
E&OE. All content on this site, unless otherwise stated, is Copyright © PubsCymru
website by euan raffel