Newport Arms, Cardigan

The Newport Arms stood near Castle Street in the Bridgend area of Cardigan.  John Mathias, Master of the schooner Victoria ran the Newport Arms from 1817 to 1830. 

During the 1860s the inn was closed only to be reopened twenty years later at a different location on Castle Street.  The Newport Arms was finally closed in 1906 when the local magistrates refused to renew its license.

Locale - Wales: 
Content category: 

Privacy & Terms | House Rules
E&OE. All content on this site, unless otherwise stated, is Copyright © PubsCymru
website by euan raffel